COVID-19 Update Sept 14, 2021
artSEE and Optimed Optometry Health and Safety Protocols
1) What are our new health and safety protocols?
- If you are unwell, have a fever or are exhibiting any signs of a cold, please call us to reschedule your appointment (eye exam or eyewear consult etc.). We want everyone to be safe and healthy!
- All staff will be wearing a face mask when they are working with you.
- A sanitizing station will be at the entrance of the store for you to clean your hands.
- Everyone coming in is required to wear a face mask. You can wear a hand-made one or a surgical one. In the event that you do not have your own face mask, we can supply one for you for a small charge of $2.00. As a small business we can no longer provide a face mask, free of charge. Thank you for your understanding!
- Most of our eyewear services are now done by appointment: Book Online . However, we are making strides to be available for those who want to drop in as well. If you have a little wiggle room in your schedule in the event you need to wait for an Optician to become free, please come in at your leisure.
2) What changes have we made to our office layout?
- There will be a reduced number of people in the office at one time.
- Our office space has been reconfigured to ensure physical distancing between you, other clients and our staff.
- Throughout the day, surfaces and furniture will routinely be sanitized and disinfected.
- All exam rooms and equipment will be cleaned between each patient.
- Frames and sunglasses will be cleaned and sanitized after a client touches or tries them on.
3) What will our eyewear services look like once we resume operations?
More of a scheduled/appointment approach- drops in welcome if an Optician is available and space allows.
- In order to guarantee your safety and maintain physical distancing, we will be offering a more scheduled approach to seeing you. Whether it be to choose new eyewear (no obligation to purchase), picking up your new eyewear or an adjustment, we will be asking you to book a time to see the Opticians.
- While you’re still welcome to drop by, we may or may not be able to assist you immediately, or we may be at capacity.
- You can book online here or call 250-881-8252 for Broadmead and 250-595-2773 for Oak Bay.
Frame browsing/selections will be one on one with your Optician.
- To ensure your safety, our Opticians will be bringing frames and sunglasses to you, rather than self-directed browsing. This allows us to ensure our frames are clean and safe for you to try on.
- Our Opticians will be asking you a lot of questions before we start the process of selecting eyewear for you to try. Don’t worry, we don’t expect you to know exactly what you want! We can take the guesswork out and help you figure out what you need.
- Our specialty is finding the best eyewear for you, while making it easy, fun and more efficient. We have been offering this approach of curating a personalized selection for many years and the feedback has been terrific.
- During the eyewear selection, our Opticians will be maintaining our distance and wearing a face mask.
4) What will your eye exam experience look like?
Here are some new measures you can expect to see when you visit us for an eye exam:
- We will be wearing face masks and the necessary protective equipment during your eye exam.
- You are required to wear a face mask during your eye exam. There are a couple of tests that need to be done without a mask and alternative distancing and/or PPE is in place.
- Your eyeglasses and sunglasses will be cleaned and sanitized when we handle them and before they are returned to you.
- Between each patient the examination rooms, including optical instruments, surfaces, and chairs, will be disinfected and sanitized.
- If you are immune compromised or have other concerns, please advise our team when booking. We will do our best to meet your needs.
Thank you for your understanding and continuing support.