COVID-19 Update: Welcome Back!
artSEE and Optimed Optometry reopening: Health and Safety Protocols
1) What are our new health and safety protocols?
- If you are unwell, have a fever or are exhibiting any signs of a cold, please call us to reschedule your appointment (eye exam or eyewear consult etc.). We want everyone to be safe and healthy!
- All staff will be wearing a face mask when they are working with you.
- A sanitizing station will be at the entrance of the store for you to clean your hands. This is mandatory when you enter the office.
- Everyone coming in is required to wear a face mask. You can wear a hand-made one or a surgical one. In the event that you do not have your own face mask, we can supply one for you for a small charge of $2.00. As a small business we can no longer provide a face mask, free of charge. Thank you for your understanding!
- ALL eyewear services are now done by appointment: Book Online
2) What changes have we made to our office layout?
- There will be a reduced number of people in the office at one time.
- Our office space has been reconfigured to ensure physical distancing between you, other clients and our staff.
- Throughout the day, surfaces and furniture will routinely be sanitized and disinfected.
- All exam rooms and equipment will be cleaned between each patient.
- Frames and sunglasses will be cleaned and sanitized after a client touches or tries them on.
3) What will our eyewear services look like once we resume operations?
More of a scheduled/appointment approach
Frame browsing/selections will be one on one with your Optician
4) What will your eye exam experience look like?
Here are some new measures you can expect to see when you visit us for an eye exam:
- We will be wearing face masks and the necessary protective equipment during your eye exam.
- You are required to wear a face mask during your eye exam.
- Prior to your appointment we will be contacting you over the phone to conduct some of the initial examination. We will be asking you about your eye health concerns, details of any medications you may take, family and personal medical history and how your current eyewear is working for you. It would also be helpful to have details of any insurance coverage you may have at this time (Blue Cross, Canada Life, Veteran Affairs, First Nations Health Authority etc). These are questions we would have normally asked in office. Doing it over the phone, reduces the amount of in-person talking, while continuing to provide you with the highest level of eyecare. It can be difficult to hear each other when we are wearing a mask and our objective is to maintain clear communication.
- Your eyeglasses and sunglasses will be cleaned and sanitized when we handle them and before they are returned to you.
- Between each patient the examination rooms, including optical instruments, surfaces, and chairs, will be disinfected and sanitized.
- If you require dilation and have a driver with you, we kindly ask the driver to stay in their car and not enter the clinic. However, if the patient requires a family member’s assistance during their eye exam, we will happily accommodate this providing that they wear a face mask and sanitize their hands.
- If you are immune compromised or have other concerns, please advise our team when booking. We will do our best to meet your needs!
Thank you for your understanding and continuing support!